Oil changes are the unsung hero of car maintenance. Performing regular oil changes can help to protect the finely engineered parts that are located on the interior of your car’s engine. These parts are exposed to a great deal of heat and friction which makes regular oil changes all the more important.
- Check your mileage. Most auto manufacturers recommend getting your oil changed every 3,000 to 7,500 miles. This is excellent advice as it is a good average between those who drive mostly on the highway and the strenuous nature of city driving. IN most conditions, after 3,000 miles, you take the chance on your oil breaking down and no longer efficiently protecting your engine.
- The hazards of city driving. While short jaunts may seem like they would be easier on your car, they aren’t. During a short trip, the oil never has a chance to reach proper operating temperature and off-gas harmful moisture and combustion by-products. Additionally, this leads to the exposure of your engine parts to unwanted sludge, inadequate lubrication and heat.
- Oil changes benefit customers. Oil changes can save car owners thousands of dollars over the lifetime of their car as they prevent expensive damage from being done to the vehicle. Oil changes can extend the life of your car by years!
- Dirty oil hurts car engines. The car care experts at the Westlake Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center say that old oil gets contaminated within the system. Oxidation, dirt, rust, moisture, sludge, combustion by-products and loss of viscosity in old oil can cause excessive and premature engine failure and can be prevented with regular oil changes. Oil changes are an excellent investment in your car’s health and in your ability to travel where you want to, when you want to. Keeping clean, efficient oil in your car’s engine will prolong its life and save you thousands in expensive car repairs. Call the Westlake Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center today for your next oil change!
- Make yourself visible. While you might be able to see without headlights, other drivers may not be able to see you. Don’t take a chance on getting into an accident because you can’t see or be seen.
The next time you are looking for a quick oil change near Westlake, be sure to call the team at the Westlake Rad Air Complete Car & Tire Center. Call or stop in today for a convenient appointment and affordable car care.
Schedule Service Here