If your car battery isn’t working, you aren’t either. Each time you start your car, your car battery gives your engine the initial shock to get it to turn over. Your vehicles charging system keeps the battery at optimal condition.
Our expert mechanics at Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center in Strongsville can determine if you need a new car battery or charging system service. They will quickly test your battery and charging system and provide you with the results. Then if needed, they will recommend a new battery for you, or replace your battery in your car. It’s that simple!
What are some factors that contribute to the life of your battery?
- Batteries have an estimated life of up to seven years , depending on the type of driving that you do.
- Recharging your battery is as simple as driving your car. While quick jaunts don’t always do provide the time your car needs to recharge, a longer drive will help your car to recharge.
- Extremely hot or cold weather can also cause your battery to be less effective and wear out faster than other climates.
Nothing is worse than being late for work with a dead battery, but you can save the hassle with proper maintenance.
- The average life of today’s car battery is 3 to 5 years.
- The two most common variables that determines your battery’s life are extreme temperature and short run times. Cold weather can diminish your battery’s cranking power, while stop-and-go driving lessens your battery’s reserve power.
- Get the most out of your battery by keeping it maintained. It’s best to have your battery tested at least twice a year and to make sure the terminals are free of corrosion.
If you are concerned about your car starting because of a battery issue, stop in today to have one of our auto repair technicians evaluate the charge on your battery. If you do need a new battery, we can quickly install a new one and get you back on the road. Stop in at the Strongsville Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center.Schedule Service Here