If you are interested in green living, then knowing more about your exhaust system can help you to feel good about driving your car in the Cleveland area. The Parma Heights Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center team members are experts at making sure that your car is operating in a way that protects the environment as well as your passengers.
• A complex system. Your exhaust system is more than just a muffler and a tailpipe. In fact, the exhaust system encompasses both equipment that quiets the car engine, but also parts that move poisonous gases away from the car and monitor exhaust quality.
• It protects the environment. How does your exhaust system do this? Your exhaust system converts carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons into water vapor through the catalytic converter. As you can imagine, the water vapor is easily reabsorbed throughout the natural environmental system.
• It saves you money. Believe it or not, the oxygen sensors in today’s cars are so sensitive that they can track whether or not your car is burning fuel optimally. If it isn’t, an adjustment can help you to save money at the pump.
• An exhaust issue can be responsible for a “check engine” light. More times than not, the mechanics at the Parma Heights Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center say that the reason the “check engine” light is on is due to an issue with the exhaust system.
• The exhaust system keeps you safe. Without an efficient exhaust system, you and your passengers would hardly survive a short drive. The poisonous gases emitted by your car’s engine would certainly cause you physical harm. That is the critical nature of the exhaust system.
While you may only think about your exhaust system when you hear your engine due to a hole in your muffler, there is more to your system than that. In fact, your car’s exhaust system provides protection to you and the environment every time you drive in Cleveland. Have questions? Contact the Parma Heights Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center today!Schedule Service Here