This time of year, people put pumpkin spice in everything from doughnuts to coffee, so we figured it might be a good way to grab your attention for our fall vehicle maintenance checklist. Looks like it worked, so now that we have your attention it’s time to get down to the business of making sure that your car is ready for all of your Fiona’s coffee and coco runs in Westlake, Comet football games in Solon and college visits to Akron this fall.
Rad Air’s Fall Maintenance Checklist
- Clean, flush and put new antifreeze in the cooling system.
- Have the exhaust checked for carbon monoxide leaks. Cold weather means closed windows, and that’s when carbon monoxide is most dangerous.
- Make sure your heater and defroster are working properly
- Switch over to heavier-duty winter blades and use cold weather washer fluid.
- Double check all lights and signals to make sure they are in working order.
- Consider switching to a winter weight oil.
- Stay on top of your oil changes. Cold weather is hard on your vehicle, and dirty oil can be particularly troublesome.
- Check your fuel, air and transmission filters and replace if necessary.
- Check your tire tread depth and consider switching to snow tires soon.
- Check your tire pressure weekly as the temperatures drop.
- Have your brakes checked.
Make Sure You’re Ready For Winter With these Emergency Items:
- Ice Scraper/Snow Brush
- Jumper Cables
- Extra Clothes
- Bottled Water
- Non-Perishable Food
- First Aid Kid
Before winter hits, it’s a good time to bring your car into Rad Air for a fall maintenance checkup. We’ll make sure your car is ready for cold weather. Schedule a visit at any of our Northeast Ohio locations and find out why Rad Air is your choice for fall vehicle maintenance!